The main challenge with this project was the coding aspect as I was in charge of it, so I had to figure out how to organize all the different elements while keeping it mobile responsive. A few notable challenges were the hero banner and aligning the text in a presentable manner, alternating the gallery order and implementing all those different elements on the footer section such as embedding the map in a manner that fit.
For this project, my responsibility was to take care of and organize the coding of the website. As my team took care of the textual elements, my role was to create the webpage from head to toe. This task was an honour as it meant my teammates trusted me enough to take care of the UI and UX of the project which meant I had to take care of the visual representation and image of our website in order for it to be presented accurately by capturing the style of the MMFA.
The solution to my problems were simply trial and error. I spent hours trying different methods and fixes for each problem as this project was due after the semester's classes had already been done, so I dealt with everything independently when it came to the coding aspect.
The design process for this project was pretty straightforward as the style of MMFA just had to be implemented and respected throughout our website as it was promoting the museum as a canadian attraction to visit. With that in consideration, it meant we already had the colour palette and typeface style on lock and even had their own website as inspiration. With that out of the way, the next step was simply to build it and make it come to fruition. This step started with me envisioning how I wanted to organize each section, so I created a wireframe on how I wanted to position everything. Once that was done, all I had to do was get to work and make it happen.
When all is said and done, I can say that I think the website was well made as it respects the image and representation of the museum accurately. I am content with the outcome as it showcases the simple yet sophisticated swagger of the museum. It seemed as both teachers were equally pleased as the grading for our team was very positive. Looking back, I can be satisfied knowing I tried my best with the development with this website and gives me confidence that I can hold my own in the future for future clients as I was able to build this simple, yet clean page on my own. I learned a lot about myself during my journey building this site as it allowed me to try and figure things out on my own without the help of my peers. All in all, the project was a success and I am happy with the result.